What you can expect
It is my hope that both students and families know what I expect from my students. Here are some of the policies and expectations I have in place to help make our classroom run smoothly!
1. We are now a Leader In Me School and practice the following 7 habits:
- Be proactive
- Begin with the end in mind
- Put first things first
- Think win win
- Seek first to understand then to be understood
- Sharpen the Saw
2. We live by this school motto: Be Leaders, be learners, be kind!
3. Class Compliments: As a class, students will have a chance to earn compliments. As they are working as a group to stay on task, follow rules, and exibit good behavior in school, they will earn compliments. If the class earns 25 compliments they will earn a party. Parties will take place for 20 minutes during the week following the 25 compliments. Occasionally we will need your help to make our parties a success. Thank you for supporting your second graders excellent behavior.
4. Homework: There will be homework given daily. Students are expected to complete homework each night as it directly relates to classwork.
5. Mystery Reader: Mystery reader is a program that allows you and your families to become involved in our classroom! We love to have one mystery reader per week that comes in and reads a favorite book or two to the class. It can be a parent, grandparent, older sibling, aunt, uncle, etc. Email me when you have a date that will work for you!
6. Unfinished Business: Any item that students are working on in class is considered classwork. However, if students do not finish an item that I find is necessary for them to finish at home that item will be additional homework. Also any notes that need to be sent home from me or the school will be placed in their boomerang folders. Please check this daily for important information, notes, reminders, papers, etc.
7. Supplies: There are some things that our classroom will need throughout the year. Anytime there is a sale the following items would be great to have on hand:
-Snacks (that are not messy!)
-Disinfecting wipes (no sick kids please!)
8. I expect and believe that every student will be successful in our classroom!